Logistics and Warehouse Supervisor Job Posting
The Logistics & Warehouse Supervisor will be responsible for multiple functions namely, all aspects of inventory including purchasing, procurement and management of inventory, receiving, validating and recording shipments, prepare items for shipping, and load and unload trucks. This role will be responsible for maintaining our high standard of efficient distribution, while also working to streamline and grow our existing processes.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Establish processes and procedures for efficient procurement and inventory management
- Complete the ordering, receiving, storing, packing and shipping of merchandise or materials.
- Maintain the necessary files and documentation and support the product verification, packing, unpacking and loading of shipments.
- Evaluate and negotiate with suppliers to achieve the most cost-effective products and solutions
- Work closely with Sales and Engineering groups to ensure product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover direct demand from customers
- Report on purchasing trends, supply usage and contract performance
- Ensure safety and compliance with all policies.
- Takes an active role in warehouse improvement projects and the change management process.
- Resolve problems such as damaged goods or shipping errors.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite. NetSuite proficiency a plus.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to successfully execute initiatives with minimal guidance and accomplish stated goals.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a purchasing/procurement and warehouse environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Highly reliable and self-driven.
- Must be able to train, develop and provide direction to staff as needed.
- Demonstrated leadership decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Work additional hours and/or days as needed, particularly during high volume periods, to ensure that departmental objectives are accomplished.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Requires at least 3 years related experience.
- Forklift certification required. Valid driver’s license with good driving record is required.